OSX 10.10

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GCHASE1995, Oct 7, 2015.

1. GCHASE1995 macrumors regular

GCHASE1995

I'm sorry if this isn't allowed but I was wondering if there is anyway to install Yosemite on a Windows PC. I hate windows but can't afford a mac

2. MJWMac1988 macrumors member

MJWMac1988

Watch this video tutorial. It shows how to install OS X in VirtualBox on a Windows PC. VirtualBox is free. You'll have go Google where to download it for Windows. There are also retail apps similar to VirtualBox that may be a bit more refined, but this sure seems worth a try for starters. The above video shows how to install Mavericks (10.9), but it should be (nearly?) the same procedure for El Capitan (10.11).

You can also do a Google search for Hackintosh. The procedure is probably a bit complicated. It is definitely not supported, and things tend to break with each OS X update, but it allows you to install OS X directly on a Windows PC. I have no idea how to do it. VirtualBox may be the safest and cheapest way to at least get started for now.

There are probably several YouTube video tutorials on how to install OS X in VirtualBox on a Windows computer. The one at my link above gets lots of thumbs up, so I chose to link to it.