OSX 10.11 and iOS8 Continuity Still Work?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Keene1bj, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Keene1bj macrumors newbie

As the title suggests...anyone who is using 10.11 and iOS8 still have continuity working? Want to update to 10.11 but not iOS9 at this time but absolutely can't lose continuity. Thanks for the input.

2. RunningOne macrumors member

It didn't work for me. Tried opening a page in Safari on iPhone, and creating a message.

No response from iMac with 10.11. Walked into the other room and set the phone next to Macbook Air running 10.10.x and it responded as expected.

3. infernoguy macrumors regular

infernoguy

Just tried it on my 2014 rMBP 15 with a El Ca partition and its working for me.

4. Junkfoodinc macrumors newbie

Junkfoodinc

iphone 6 on iOS 9 and rMBP on 10.11 working so far...

5. RunningOne macrumors member

It is working after opening iCloud settings. Beachball came up for a bit, and the handoff icon popped up in the dock when it went away.

6. Keene1bj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input guys. To confirm, handoff seems to work, but have you tried continuity specifically - text messages.

7. antmarobel macrumors 6502

antmarobel

Not working here too. Cannot make phone calls on my Mac running 10.11 (iphone 6 running iOS 9)

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have an updated BTLE card in my MBP and no handoff. Under "about this Mac," it recognizes the updated card but handoff ability shows "no." Will test phone calls etc. when landline is back up.

Tried the Continuity Activation Tool for kicks, and it just looped the same folder, trying to go through the process and getting no where as i new it would.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Did this and it started working again. Thanks!