OSX 10.4.2 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
The 10.4.2 Update delivers overall improved reliability and compatibility for Mac OS X v10.4 and is recommended for all users. It includes fixes for:

file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
single sign-on authentication and reliable access to Active Directory servers
autologin for managed user accounts
AirPort and wireless access
Core Graphics, Core Audio, Core Image, including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
Finder updates including finding on Kind and using Slideshow
synchronizing your iDisk with .Mac
installation reliability
managing Dashboard widgets
Address Book, Automator, iCal, iChat, Mail, Safari, and Stickies applications
compatibility with third party applications and devices
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n301722

For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Nice! I hope they fix the QT gamma issue on H.264 encodes. That's the biggest deal for me!

elvingomez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2005
i thought id be more impressed with widget manager, kinda whatever, but does clear rhe mess of a widget dock i had

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
eva01 said:
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n301722
Urgh. Absolutely no mention on that page of any USB fixes (USB kernel panics forced me to ditch Tiger in favor of Panther again 6 weeks ago - Panther continues to be solid as a rock). Even so, I suppose I'll reboot to my Tiger disk when I get home and install the update. If my USB driver still shows the same March 26 date on the file, I'm not sure if I'll even bother to keep running Tiger as the inevitable panic would surely come. :(

Holding out some hope, but not much. This is getting irritating! :mad:

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Wow. Everything feels a lot snappier. (no kidding)
Safari scrolls pages faster too. Weird but I'll take it. All in all kind of unspectacular besides the snappiness.

Exposé still is kinda slow.

Mail still doesn't auto-hide after startup.

No mention of proxy support working for iChat.

I guess it sucks for the time they took. Waiting for .3 I guess.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
I'm liking the widget manager :D

Tick boxes down the left dictate wether they show in the bottom widget list

And the no entry sign sends the widget to the trash, only works with 3rd party widgets though

haven't noticed anything else yet...

Attachments

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
took me 2 HARD RESTARTS to get my computer to boot back up again, it was just giving me the spinning under the apple symbol for well over five minutes.

but everything fin now it seems

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
London
eva01 said:
took me 2 HARD RESTARTS to get my computer to boot back up again, it was just giving me the spinning under the apple symbol for well over five minutes.

but everything fin now it seems
Same here on my PowerBook. I'm not sure if the hard resets were required, or if it would have started up anyway had I left it long enough.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
robbieduncan said:
Same here on my PowerBook. I'm not sure if the hard resets were required, or if it would have started up anyway had I left it long enough.
i wonder if it has to do with the powerbooks :/

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
Mine took a little while to boot, not sure how long exactly, but it was long enough to see what dad was up to, and wander off for some bladder relief,
by the time i got back adium was just starting to load (first login app)

Status
Not open for further replies.