OSX 10.5.6 bug in Finder Search Function

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aquasport17, Dec 28, 2008.

1. aquasport17 macrumors newbie

I have discovered that I can no longer search a mounted shared (AFP) Linux volume in the finder, or in spotlight. The volume is mounted properly and I can see files.

I can perform the search, but the search returns nothing, even though I KNOW the file is there. For example, if I mount the volume, open it and search for music.mp3 (I need to pick the volume name in the finder since it defaults to "This Mac") which I know is in the folder, it doesn't find it. No matter WHAT I search for it finds nothing.

I called Apple on this and they are researching the issue.

This happens on both our Macs.

Can anyone test in a similar situation?

I had no issues with 10.5.5.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

3. treichert macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me a few days back on an NTFS-volume....

4. spankystokes macrumors newbie

Yeah is there a fix for this yet...we are on a network at work and we all updated, and the search function no longer works...any help?

5. tclontz macrumors newbie

Same Issue

Seems to work with anything prior to 10.5.6 with a 10.4.11 server. Seems to work with a 10.5.6 Server. Anyone have the same?

6. AppleOD macrumors newbie

Same thing here. With 10.5.5 you're able to search/find stuff on afp connected servervolumes, now with 10.5.6 it's impossible. It gives you 0 items as soon as you start typing something in.

I do hope there will be a fix for this soon....
    Or does anyone have a small find app that enables you to find stuff on a afp connected server volume??

7. spankystokes macrumors newbie

So any word on this yet...10.5.6 still yields no search function for the 13 MACs on our server...any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

8. gogirl4 macrumors newbie

On 10.5.8 and Finder will not search any mounted drives

:eek:Was this fixed sometime between 10.5.6 and 10.5.8 or did 10.6 help? We have lost all ability to search our mounted SMB (NTFS) volumes all of a sudden. We did install Markz PageZephyr so that we could crawl the contents of .indd files and have tried re-indexing, but are stumped. Any ideas? Thanks!