Osx 10.5.8 Mac mini g4

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Rod9339, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Rod9339, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

Rod9339 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I have recently bought a second hand Mac mini to use as a cheap solution to store media to talk to my Apple TV etc.

Unfortunately the person selling it has been a bit over zealous on deleting things before sending the mac, and has annoyingly deleted the "system preferences" app. I've tried everything, tried upgrading to 10.5.8, then the combo update but the app still doesn't show. Needless to say I have no start up disks, nothing to back up from and annoyingly they have also messed up time machine. I have another mac and tried to copy the app but my macbook is on a totally different version so it didn't help.

I have seen that other people have had an issue getting hold of it and the solution that has worked for others is if someone out there would be kind enough to zip the app and put it somewhere I could download it - it would be a huge help. The other people that kindly did this that I could find on here had since removed the item from Dropbox etc so I could not use the same fix.

Please please please could someone help me out with this by kindly uploading - I know it's not a great idea to download random files but I'm getting desperate!

Thanks in advance

Rod

2. asriznet macrumors regular

You'll probably end up needing to reinstall OS X using the install DVDs.
    I mean, that's probably what I prefer to do when taking over a system from someone, a fresh clean copy of OS X.

3. Rod9339 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but unfortunately budget is a constraint, the whole mac cost everything I could afford at the moment!

A download of the app would be a huge help if someone could manage it.

Thanks,

4. asriznet macrumors regular

5. Rod9339 thread starter macrumors newbie

As I said in the first post, the zip files aren't still there - I have already tried to download them.

6. asriznet macrumors regular

I had no issues downloading the the attachments in the first result of google results in Post #10 + #16

There's no way for me to test these files because don't have any 10.5.8 machines with me.

7. Alekto macrumors regular