OSX 10.6.4 Will not stay asleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Slrman, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Slrman macrumors member

Slrman

With OSX 10.6.4 my 2.66 GHz iMac will not stay asleep. It will wake up even though the Wake for Network Access box is NOT checked in System Preferences. Why is this? This happens every night. It is becoming very frustrating.

Thanks for any tips. :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Both my mini and mbp suffers from lack of sleep. I don't think its completely related to 10.6.4 because my mbp has had this issue well before 10.6.4. I've given up trying to solve this problem.

It goes to sleep, but at some point, it seems to wake itself up, and yes the Wake for Network Access box is NOT checked as well on my systems :(

3. Nero Wolfe macrumors regular

Nero Wolfe

I have the same problem. When I eject my external HD before putting it to sleep it seems to solve the problem.

4. OliverOSX93 macrumors regular

oh poor thing has insomnia :(

(can't help just thought I'd try to cheer you up:D)

5. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I've noticed during my times browsing around the forums that sometimes all it takes is a simple shut off of your mac, then turn it back on. It's just like any other operating system, if you leave it on too long, just like a person, it'll start acting a bit funny haha. How long have your systems been on for? I've left my MB on (putting it to sleep of course) for three weeks before, with no problems...