OSX 10.6 and Stuffit Deluxe 2009

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PreetinderBajwa, Sep 20, 2009.

1. PreetinderBajwa macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

Just noticed a quirk, wanted to know if other are seeing it too ! and if yes what's the workaround...

I have had stuffit deluxe 2009 on 10.5, when I used to right click to compress a folder I got contextual menu and at the bottom of that menu pop up was and option called - others, and within that was an option to use stuffit.... to compress/expand/create archive etc etc

Now in 10.6 that menu doesn't show the way it used to in 10.5, now to zip a file or folder - I have to use drop stuff application within stuffit and then choose zip as a compression mode and then select a check box enabling "create a droplet" ( I can place the droplet on desktop or applications)... its so much more cumbersome and not user friendly....

Are you having the same observations and have you been able to solve the problem ? Or am i installing it incorrectly....or messing up some other way ?

Any guidance will be useful....

Thanks

Preetinder

2. PreetinderBajwa thread starter macrumors regular

Problem Solved !

Hi Guys,

Problem solved.... When I disabled the 64bit Kernel and now log in and boot into 32 bit, I have the control I had earlier !

I used the utility on apple download page called 64bit something something....

Preetinder