OSX 10.6 Compatible CF Reader?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gfhoward, Nov 1, 2009.

1. gfhoward macrumors member

Hey guys, OSX 10.6 won't play nice with my old CF card readers. From reading online discussions, it appears I need to buy new 10.6 compatible card readers. Anyone know which CF readers currently on the market will work with Snow Leopard? Thanks

2. = bluntman = macrumors regular

3. stuarthatto macrumors regular

I have a USB CF adapter and a ExpressCard CF adapter and both work fine in SL, and did in Leopard, and XP...

Its just a storage adapter.

4. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

The must be pretty freaking old then... like from 1912 or something. USB Card readers are pretty generic and work on just about anything.

I bet if you go to any department store and buy anything off the rack for $10+ it will work. I've tried a half dozen brands with no problems and they all work. For as little as they cost I carry 2 all the time in my photo kit. (They come with legs and seem to wander off :()

5. gfhoward thread starter macrumors member

Can anyone post a link to one that you know works with Snow Leopard? Ideally, on Amazon, but not necessary. The one linked above goes to like a store in the UK. USA preferred, thanks

6. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

any card reader made in the last couple of years should work fine, or there is something wrong with your computer (or card reader) Why pay shipping, don't you have a local store you can try and return if it doesn't work. They aren't very expensive.