Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

victorhooi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Hi,

I'm attempting to install OSX Lion 10.7 GM on my 2011 Macbook Pro 13".

I've used DiskUtility to write the InstallESD.dmg to a USB stick.

When I attempt to boot from this, I get the gray screen with the spinning indicator.

Then, after a while, it displays a circle with a line through it. The spinning indicator underneath is still spinning, however, it doesn't seem to boot beyod that point.

Any idea of what's going on?

Cheers,
Victor

macmongral

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2011
Hi,

I'm attempting to install OSX Lion 10.7 GM on my 2011 Macbook Pro 13".

I've used DiskUtility to write the InstallESD.dmg to a USB stick.

When I attempt to boot from this, I get the gray screen with the spinning indicator.

Then, after a while, it displays a circle with a line through it. The spinning indicator underneath is still spinning, however, it doesn't seem to boot beyod that point.

Any idea of what's going on?

Cheers,
Victor

you restore it to the usb stick not just write it

victorhooi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
heya,

Hmm, I did restore it.

As in, in Disk Utility, I went to the "Restore" tab.

Then, in source, I selected the InstallESD.dmg file.

For Destination, I selected the USB stick in question.

Also, if I open up the USB stick in OSX I can see installer files on it, so it seems to be created correctly (at least from what I can tell).

It's just it keeps going to that circle with a line error screen whenever I try to boot it.

Cheers,
Victor

macmongral

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2011
heya,

Hmm, I did restore it.

As in, in Disk Utility, I went to the "Restore" tab.

Then, in source, I selected the InstallESD.dmg file.

For Destination, I selected the USB stick in question.

Also, if I open up the USB stick in OSX I can see installer files on it, so it seems to be created correctly (at least from what I can tell).

It's just it keeps going to that circle with a line error screen whenever I try to boot it.

Cheers,
Victor

Ok then it may be corrupt re download it from the app store there is no need to reenter your code , but if you got it form another source then who knows if its been tampered with

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.