• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Fimeg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
I was hoping there was a thread for this and didn't see one. I'm installing it now. Can anyone comment on the results thus far?

Cofresi

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2013
Where did you get the update? I don't think is available yet throughout the apple store.

Comment

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I still can't get it to download for me.

Just get the mavericks seed configuration utility from the mac dev center, install it and then 10.9.1 build 13B27 will appear in Updates in the mac app store.

If it is not showing up in safari, use a different browser.

Then just download and install 10.9.1 from the mac app store. Don't forget to copy the installer somewhere before the computer restarts if you want to keep it, because otherwise it will delete itself.

If the mac app store isn't working properly, there is a direct link available in apple's developer forums (which unfortunately we can't post here because it would breach macrumors rules). If you download it that way with google chrome, you can double click and install.

Comment

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Maybe this is the placebo effect at work, but apps seem to launch considerably faster on 10.9.1 (on a MacBook Air with a PCIe SSD)

Comment

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
So far everything seems about the same. I have a Gmail account as a secondary and has been hit and miss about getting emails (usually a day or 2 late). I did get a couple delivered that had been "missing" in 10.9

Comment

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
So far everything seems about the same. I have a Gmail account as a secondary and has been hit and miss about getting emails (usually a day or 2 late). I did get a couple delivered that had been "missing" in 10.9

maybe you have iPod shuffle and could check if voiceover kit can be installed? :) thanks

Comment

Mac.User

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
Just get the mavericks seed configuration utility from the mac dev center, install it and then 10.9.1 build 13B27 will appear in Updates in the mac app store.

If it is not showing up in safari, use a different browser.

Then just download and install 10.9.1 from the mac app store. Don't forget to copy the installer somewhere before the computer restarts if you want to keep it, because otherwise it will delete itself.

If the mac app store isn't working properly, there is a direct link available in apple's developer forums (which unfortunately we can't post here because it would breach macrumors rules). If you download it that way with google chrome, you can double click and install.

You need to be able to SEE the dev center downloads to be able to do that. In Chrome I get a session timed out error. I won't but Firefox on my machine.

Comment

faneos

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
No fix in this update for bug in GPU power management doesn't throttle down:mad:

Comment

TeToslaw

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
"If it is not showing up in safari, use a different browser"

Or shut down and reopen Safari :)

Comment

Fimeg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
With 10.9.1 the double status bar is back, i.e., the clock, Time Machine icon, wifi, bluetooth, etc are all doubled. Interesting thing is that I wasn't using a second monitor. It happened when I plugged in my thunderbolt ethernet.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.