OSX 10.9.1 Thread - Issues/Improvements

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Fimeg, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Fimeg macrumors regular

I was hoping there was a thread for this and didn't see one. I'm installing it now. Can anyone comment on the results thus far?

2. Cofresi macrumors newbie

Where did you get the update? I don't think is available yet throughout the apple store.

3. Mac.User macrumors 6502

4. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

Just get the mavericks seed configuration utility from the mac dev center, install it and then 10.9.1 build 13B27 will appear in Updates in the mac app store.

If it is not showing up in safari, use a different browser.

Then just download and install 10.9.1 from the mac app store. Don't forget to copy the installer somewhere before the computer restarts if you want to keep it, because otherwise it will delete itself.

If the mac app store isn't working properly, there is a direct link available in apple's developer forums (which unfortunately we can't post here because it would breach macrumors rules). If you download it that way with google chrome, you can double click and install.

5. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Maybe this is the placebo effect at work, but apps seem to launch considerably faster on 10.9.1 (on a MacBook Air with a PCIe SSD)

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's worth mentioning that this is still developer software.:)

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

So far everything seems about the same. I have a Gmail account as a secondary and has been hit and miss about getting emails (usually a day or 2 late). I did get a couple delivered that had been "missing" in 10.9

8. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

maybe you have iPod shuffle and could check if voiceover kit can be installed? :) thanks

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Sorry, no Shuffle.

10. leman macrumors 604

Subjectively, the Mission Control appears snappier :D

11. Mac.User macrumors 6502

You need to be able to SEE the dev center downloads to be able to do that. In Chrome I get a session timed out error. I won't but Firefox on my machine.

12. nexsta, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  13. faneos macrumors member

faneos

No fix in this update for bug in GPU power management doesn't throttle down:mad:

14. TeToslaw macrumors regular

TeToslaw

"If it is not showing up in safari, use a different browser"

Or shut down and reopen Safari :)

15. Fimeg thread starter macrumors regular

With 10.9.1 the double status bar is back, i.e., the clock, Time Machine icon, wifi, bluetooth, etc are all doubled. Interesting thing is that I wasn't using a second monitor. It happened when I plugged in my thunderbolt ethernet.