osx 10.9.3 app stability

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by crashoverride77, May 17, 2014.

1. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Hey

Big fan here of mavericks, apart from some tinny issues I think its a great os so no bashing here. However I have noticed that since 10.9.3 there has been a lot more app crashes, which before I never had. This includes safari, iMovie, iPhoto, VLC and other apps.
    The os itself is very stable, to me at least, but app stability on the other hand seems to have been a lot worse, with unexpected shutdowns occurring a lot more frequent since 10.9.3.
    Any thoughts?

2. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i would reinstall the update...

3. expat42451 macrumors regular

Running Light Room 4, VLC (2 iterations) AU Lab audio tools, Sound Flower, I Stat, Google Earth, Skype and a bunch of others incl. Firefox beta, Thunderbird, and PGP- Have been running all of this since Lion, skipped Mountain Lion, then most recently updated from the seed to the release version of 10.9.3. I agree with the above poster, install the combo update. I haven't had any problems with anything through a number of different iterations of the OS- Running it on a late 2011 I5 13" MBP w/ 8 GB of RAM. Only problem I have noticed with the 10.9.3 release version is that netbiosd likes to phone home- lots of net traffic from this.

Regards

Expat

4. crashoverride77 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys for all the replies. I will see what happens the next few days and if no improvement I will go for the combo update.
    Thanks again

5. expat42451 macrumors regular

crashoverride77

Please come back and let us know what you decide and how it works out for you- it might be valuable to some of the late adopters here.

Regards

Expat

6. crashoverride77 thread starter macrumors 65816

Updated

Hey,

So I have been using the laptop (late 2013 rMBP, 13inch) since I last posted. I have not had any more app crashes (have restarted 1-2 times) so I'm not sure if it was a bad boot or something but it seems back to the way it used to be.
    Thanks again for all the replies