OSX Address Book & iphone (caller id over bluetooth?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djrobsd, Jun 14, 2009.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

This has probably been asked before but I had a difficult time finding it on Google because every page that came up was talking about the address book ON the iphone, not the one on the Mac.

When I used to have my Macbook pro and my Motorola Q cell phone, I was able to pair it to the computer and access some functions such as caller ID on my computer.

I haven't been able to get this to work with my iphone. First of all, there is no bluetooth icon in address book. Secondly, I paired my iphone, but it says "NO services available" when it finishes pairing. Also, now it's paired, but it says "not connected". I can't seem to get the phone to stay connected.

Is this a limitation, i.e. has apple disabled this functionality on the iphone? ARGH! Maybe the new firmware coming out next week will fix it? ;)

Would be really nice to have some basic functions, i.e. show name, pause itunes, etc....

2. ebisu macrumors newbie

I'm using an iPhone 3G S, OS 3.0. I'm experiencing the same issue, except that when attempting to pair it has a network service available.

I had used some of the Address Book functions with an old Nokia phone that I had. Due to limitations with the phone though, I wasn't able to use the send SMS functions. I was looking forward to having all of the Address Book Bluetooth features available to me with the iPhone... would have thought that with it being an Apple product it would have made full use of these features.

3. ebisu macrumors newbie