OSX and Citrix Clients

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DR_K13, Apr 13, 2009.

1. DR_K13 macrumors regular

My mom has been wanting a Mac Mini for quite some time. The only thing holding her back is that she needs to run a Citrix client embedded in Internet Explorer . I know that there is no IE for Apple anymore and we are really trying to avoid running VM or Parallels ( $ ) . Does anyone know if there is a work around?

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Citrix makes the ICA client for the Mac and it works very well.

Just go to the Citrix web site and download it. I logged into my office using Safari. I haven't run into any limitations in the last 3+ years of using it.

3. DR_K13 thread starter macrumors regular

I tried the Linux Client direct from Citrix and I could not log in. She works for an Airline and the app must be launched from inside the browser. ( Embedded )

4. acurafan macrumors 6502a

5. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

My experience with embedded Citrix sites is that as long as you are running the latest OS X ICA client it will work, as soon as you visit the site and trigger the .ica file the OS x client should kick in and run in the same way IE should trigger it.

6. DR_K13 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, very interesting indeed.

7. Bentov macrumors regular

Yep, it definitely works. I use it all the time.

*Edit* I thought about one thing that is a little screwy. You can't maximize it, so if the server people have it set at a certain resolution, you will be stuck at it. I'm trying to get mine to set it to 1280x1024, instead of 1024x768 which sucks on a 24" monitor..