Osx Behaving Like Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by finnschi, Apr 1, 2009.

1. finnschi macrumors 6502

omg.

I have some problems with my macbook right now.

1. I Can't Logout/Restart blah it always gives me the message that some kind of app is blocking the macbook from doing so (can be Finder or Mplayer or anything)

2. This started happening when I couldn't play AVI files anymore ( IN NO MEDIA PLAYER, I tried mplayer , VLC , Quicktime ... they just don'T play it...)

3. This all started happening when my VLC remote on my iPhone crashed... I wass just playing a AVI, and i was about to switch to the next one, then VLC remote crashed and since then 1 and 2 started happening... :confused:

Do you guys have ANY ideas what this could be?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Force shutdown by holding the power button down for 10 seconds. Then reboot and see if the problem persists.

3. finnschi thread starter macrumors 6502

yea you know what-........ after doing this 3 times i was able to shut down /restart fine...

and slapmeinmyface the folder i was trying to play avis from was a bittorrent download, but the wrong folder (I started the torrent with Utorrent but it had BIG issues so I tried again with Vuze, and that worked) So I had a "dummy" folder .. which of course he wouldn't play... :p