OSX Botox (10.7-10.9)

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by thronborg, Apr 20, 2014.

1. thronborg macrumors newbie

Hi Folks!
    In 2011 there was a lot of talking when we had seen a preview of Lion and most of us were excited. So, are we happy now?

For me i am still running OSX 10.6.8 since in my opinion its the most reliable, fastest and understandable OSX made for Mac.

I really hope that Apple land on their feet and put this Botox injected piece to rest and we se a really great OSX 11.

OT

2. Alphabetize macrumors 6502

Alphabetize

I'm actually very happy with how OS X Mavericks looks and performs and I'm looking forward to the rumored aesthetic changes to the next iteration of the operating system. I got a 2006 MacBook and it's running Snow Leopard and I really don't like it as much as Mavericks, I just feel I get a lot of functionality out of it.

3. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

am realizing why it may be time to leave these forums...

mavericks is, like ALL OS'es, a good experience for many, and a problem for some. look thru these forum pages...EVERY version of os x has had people complaining, as if THEIR experience was EVERYONE's experience.

we ALL have issues with our software/systems at times, and forums like this are a great place to come for help.

but these endless absolute statements ("mavericks ate my mac", "is (leopard/lion/whatever) apple's worst OS ever", etc ad infinitum...tiresome.

got a problem? post about it, ask for help. and maybe we can stop defaming/defending etc whatever OS we're running this week.

just my humble opinion... :D

4. ricede macrumors regular

ricede

I thoroughly agree with you fisherking. I am also getting really tired of the constant moaning.

I have had so much help over the years, from this and other excellent sites.

Would be good if the forum could return to being more of a help forum, rather than a place to whinge about why X Y or Z arent as good as they should be/could be/ etc etc.

Having had to work on occasions with Windows - i just feel blessed to have OSX in whichever form it takes. Maybe the people who complain here should try M$ for a few weeks. They might then appreciate more what they have.

This is my humble heartfelt opinion as well :D

5. groove-agent macrumors 6502a

I'd be first to go back to 10.6.8 if I didn't have newer hardware:
    * it was so lean and fast - peppy
    * spaces worked in 2 axis (XY) instead of 1 (X)
    * the login screen looked better (no circles)
    * 2D dock hack
    * you could put widgets on your desktop hack
    * coloured user folders in finder were easier to find