Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skywills

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
Hi i m unable to boot in to osx (no option to choose on boot screen) even recovery partition is missing after i use computer management to resize partition on window 8.1 bootcamp. attached is the gdisk window screenshot and this is macbook pro 15 retina with maverick. how can i fix it?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
You'll need to boot into Internet Recovery or from a USB flash drive (if you created one) and reinstall OS X from scratch. Attempting to re-size a Boot Camp partition doesn't work. You need to nuke the Windows install and start from scratch with the partition size you want.

skywills

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
You'll need to boot into Internet Recovery or from a USB flash drive (if you created one) and reinstall OS X from scratch. Attempting to re-size a Boot Camp partition doesn't work. You need to nuke the Windows install and start from scratch with the partition size you want.

Hi saturnotaku,

thx for your advice. now i totally install from scratch:mad:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If you are just looking to resize your bootcamp partition then I recommend winclone to back it up (so you don't have to re-install windows).

As for resizing, if you don't have the recovery partition, enter into the internet recovery and reinstall OS X as mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.