OSX Causing Windows account lockout - HELP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LCaller, Jun 5, 2007.

1. LCaller macrumors regular

Right then I’m coming to the end of my tether !!!

I've got a user who needs to access a share on a Windows server. All is well and the user gets the challenge prompt but instead of letting him in it constantly challenges him locking out his windows account.

Now the share is on a DC so i cant make him a local Admin and the only way i can get this working is to have him in the domain admin group which is NOT the way forward, so i'm looking at permissions i guess.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this .. Arhhhh

2. Highlander11 macrumors newbie

I am experiencing the same issue where a process running on OSX is locking out an account in Active Directory. I've tried looking over the system logs in OSX and I can't seem to identify what process is using those credentials. If anybody knows a better way to identify the process I would greatly appreciate it. I even tried clearing the keychain in OSX to no avail. :( This process is always running from what I can tell because every time I unlock the account in AD, the account becomes locked again within about a 5 minute span.

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

For starters, have you tried creating a test user/pass and seeing if he can use that to connect to the share?

As for a process locking out AD? That seems oddly unlikely. Does it only happen with a certain user, or is it machine based? Have you used a firewall to block off all outgoing traffic and checked the logs to see what is trying to attach to the AD server? Have you sniffed network traffic?