Osx deleted, osx cd isn't working correctly!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Colella16, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Colella16 macrumors newbie

Hello, I just deleted my mac and windows operating systems off of my Macbook. Now when i try to boot from my Leopard install disk, the loading circle just keeps spinning, and when i listen to the DVD drive i keep hearing it fail. I last used this cd on my Windows HD on my Macbook for Bootcamp drivers. so now i cannot install Leopard on my mac! :(

PS. When i used the leopard disk on my Windows HD it worked fine. So i don't think it is damaged.

Please help!

Thanks
    Cam

2. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Ok let me get this straight.

You are hearing you DVD drive repeatedly burn out (as in litterally catching fire) or explode.

the DVD may pause from usage as a result of timing out. sorry just though I would point out that you should never be able to hear a part of a laptop fail unless it explodes or something.

I am actually really interested in the procedure of "Deleting" these two operating systems.

It may behove you to hold down alt when you boot and select the CD/DVD from the menu you should receive.

3. Colella16 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did do that. And the sound im hearing is the disk start to run and then just slow down and stop, it repeats this over and over and never goes anywhere. And i didn't even mean to delete the operating systems, i just partitioned the main hard disk so that Windows was gone and somehow now my Leopard is gone also.

4. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Check the data side of the Leopard DVD to see that it is clean. If there are smudges then clean it with a soft cloth using gentle, center to disc edge motions. If there are scratches you've got bigger problems.

After cleaning the DVD hold down the C key while powering up and keep it held until it boots to the installer.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

before you try reinstalling, have you tried booting while holding option and selecting Leopard from there? removing your Windows partition shouldnt touch your Leopard install unless you formatted your hard drive.