OSX El Capitan Benchmarks

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by iTosaf, Jul 12, 2015.

?

Do you feal El Capitan is faster than your previous OSX?

1. Faster

36 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. No Change

9 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. Slower

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. iTosaf, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015

iTosaf macrumors newbie

iTosaf

This is the place to show speed improvements of El Capitan over previous OSX like Yosemite using the same hardware on both operating systems.
    For example:
    My system: iMac 5K i7 4GHZ 8GB ram m295x 3TB Fusion drive
    Benchmark type: SunSpider 1.02
    Comparing: El Capitan and Yosemite
    Link:

Please post benchmark improvements from different macs.

8/3/2015 El-Capitan Public Beta 3 update:
    Just did another Benchmark "LuxMark 3.0" on El-Capitan Public Beta 3.
    If anyone has the same specs iMac 5k and can do the benchmark on Yosemite it can be cool.
    Here is a link: http://www.luxrender.net/release/luxmark/v3.0/luxmark-macos64-v3.0.zip
    Btw, during the Benchmark i had 2 browsers, 4 windows and 32 tabs open in the background including few apps and i have only 8GB ram installed... Hope it didn't lower the results...
    Enjoy! LuxMark 3.jpg

2. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Would like to see some GPU related benchmarks

3. ryankidd17 macrumors regular

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't sunspider test safari's engine and not the entire OS? So won't this be a browser benchmark?

4. leman macrumors 604

The only speed improvements people perceive come from the partially rewritten WindowManager process. More fluid animations in Mission Control ≠ better performance. Yes, Safari got faster (it usually does). I have also noticed a healthy speedup in file operations on USB3 drives.

All benchmarks I did showed no change from Yosemite (AMD X370m). Don't have the numbers anymore though.

5. leman macrumors 604

You are correct.

6. Fangio, Aug 3, 2015

Fangio macrumors 6502

OpenCL performance has considerably improved. I'm usually getting ~2420 in Yosemite with Luxmark Sala

Luxmark Sala @ El Cap DP5.png

7. iTosaf, Aug 3, 2015

iTosaf thread starter macrumors newbie

iTosaf

Just did another Benchmark "LuxMark 3.0" on El-Capitan Public Beta 3.
    If anyone has the same specs iMac 5k and can do the benchmark on Yosemite it can be cool.
    Here is a link: http://www.luxrender.net/release/luxmark/v3.0/luxmark-macos64-v3.0.zip
    Btw, during the Benchmark i had 2 browsers, 4 windows and 32 tabs open in the background including few apps and i have only 8GB ram installed... Hope it didn't lower the results...
    Enjoy!

Attached Files:

8. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

I'll do some benchmarks between El Cap and Yosemite tonight when my internet is working.

9. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I never understood why someone would make a youtube video out of a picture.

10. iTosaf thread starter macrumors newbie

iTosaf

LOL, sorry about that. The reason is that i am statistics nerd and using youtube video i can count the views..
    Hope you understand (-;

11. nontroppo macrumors 6502

nontroppo

Ha, I'd be more interested in seeing how 10.11 compares to Windows 10 and Linux (i.e. luxmark is cross-platform) on the same hardware, for anyone who has bootcamped systems to compare!!!

12. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Too predictable for Nvidia. They have much better drivers on Windows and Linux.

13. nontroppo macrumors 6502

nontroppo

14. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

This isn't very scientific, but El Cap feels drastically faster on a 2015 maxed out Retina Macbook 12". Like, amazingly faster.

When I first got this thing, the UI lag was one of the things that had me thinking about returning it, and waiting a year for the second iteration. I'm really glad to see that they've fixed the problem with software!

15. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

That's pretty difficult considering there are no Windows 10 drivers for Apple hardware yet, so any tests wouldn't be accurate. In my experience though Windows 10 runs faster than El Cap on my MBP, but it doesn't make me want to use it on a daily basis.

16. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I have an Early-2011 MBP and Yosemite butchered it. El Capitan has restored it back to Mavericks-like performance, which is most welcome.