osx has been really unstable ever since the new secruity update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nebarik, Sep 24, 2008.

1. nebarik macrumors member

is there some way to roll back a major update like a secruity update? im thinking it is the cause of some pretty annoying bugs since it started when i got it.

running aluminium C2D iMac 2.0 ghz. 10.4.11

for the last 2 days things have just been crashing randomly. msn, firefox, itunes, you name it. this has never happened before. im just scared it will happen to something more important like final cut and ill loose all my work.

*edit* just happened again. lost firefox and all my tabs. didnt even restore them when i loaded it back up like it wouldve noramally done. this is pretty irratating.

2. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

What have you tired so far?
    Perhaps reinstalling the 10.4.11 Comboupdate will help?

3. nebarik thread starter macrumors member

link? where would i find such a thing? and how. im in no way a newbie when it comes to computers, or for that matter macs.. but this has never happened to me before... its acting a lot like windows :/

speaking of which. new problems are arising. besides even more crashes. msn has just blocked one of my friends who i was tlaking to in the middle of typing (i dont have the option to unblock him). and Mplayer's UI keeps freezing or dissappearing. have to rely on shortcut keys like spacebar to pause it.

this is getting ridiculas

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

ROFL

The apple support web site? That would be the first place this newbie would go... in fact I see it there now.

5. nebarik thread starter macrumors member

link please? i looked around, hell i even searched. to be honest i wouldnt even know what forum to look in. im still not entirely sure the secruity update is to blame. whats going on?

6. Musicmasta macrumors member

Musicmasta

7. nebarik thread starter macrumors member

ok this has become unuseable.

icons are dissappearing from my dock for no reason. sometimes the dock refuses to come up (i have it set to hide). half the time whe i open a program it refuses to load. im trying to see if disk utility can help me. no luck opening it yet.

8. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

That used to happen early on with Leopard on my iMac with graphics issues like icons not showing up in the dock but hasn't been a problem since they made some initial updates.

9. nebarik thread starter macrumors member

its not that there not showing up. its as if someone has been deleteing them. the dock acts perfectly normal when it does work, except its missing a heap of programs i use regulary... unbelievably annoying having to replace them all again. lost about 5 of them.