OSX Install DVD Replacement nightmare

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sup3r1or, Sep 16, 2010.

1. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I just wanted to share this bitter experience that I have here.

I had half of my computer replaced by idiots who simply didnt listen to me (when I said that my OSX install DVD was broken), I got my DVD drive and HDD replaced and they almost went for main board. Well I do know that in Thailand they do not have apple officially, that is why there is so many authorised re-sellers and service centres.

So after 2 weeks of leaving without my MBP I got it back but to my great discovery while I was still in the shop I found that they did not replace my DVD. So I told them to change it and they said it will take about 3-5 days. Thats all fine with me, so 2 weeks passed I still have nothing. I called they said we are still waiting, so today I called again and asked lady to check, to my shocking discovery she said it will take 4 WEEKS to replace INSTALL DVD. WTF???? How is that possible, they get all their replacement parts from Singapore which is right next door. When my dad sends me air mail from UK it takes only 5 days to arrive so how on earth is it possible to wait for 4 blo...y weeks?

Is there anywhere I can call or write an email to apple to complain? I tried contact page but not a single e-mail or form to send and the phone number given to Thailand is in United States so that will obviously cost.

I just wonder what if my system dies I have nothing even to boot from, not to mention Bootcamp windows 7 that I wanted to do.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

You answered your question. Yes there is a number but it will cost you. You could always just order the disc directly from Apple.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Did you use the contact information on Apple's Thailand website? My reading of your post is that you are looking for excuses. I don't live in Thailand and don't know how Apple Thailand works, but having a number dialed in one country answered offshore is not at all unusual. Usually, the customer does not pay international toll when you dial a toll-free number within your borders.

You can continue to worry about Singapore and the USA or you can have your computer repaired. The choice is yours.

4. sup3r1or thread starter macrumors regular

I know what you mean, but firstly I cannot read Thai, because Im not Thai. Second I have top up phone and after 2 minutes in line I ran out of credit. The number that is given cannot be called directly to Thailand because thai numbers do not start from 1-XXXX I have to use US prefix then my credit runs out faster than I can explain the problem. First time they told me to go to Authorised Service provider and that is what I did.

5. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

About the cost of calling.... I don't know about Tai local calling rates, but have you tried using Skype? their international call rates are quite reasonable....