OSX installation woes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by glucker, Jul 12, 2007.

1. glucker macrumors newbie

oook.... this is a toughy...
    My MacBook's HD died
    I bought a new one
    I installed the new drive
    I began to install OSX
    1st DVD... no problem
    it asks for my second DVD... I put it in... and it spits it out. I clean the DVD and put it back in.. it spits it out. I call Apple, they send me a new set of DVDs... I put in the second DVD... it makes a low pitched buzzing noise...once, twice, thrice... then spits it out.

I say to my self, well i should probably restart the installation... so i put in the 1st DVD, restart holding C... low pitched buzzing sound 1,2,3 times and its out again... and then starts up asking for my second bloody DVD... any1 know why this is?

keeping in mind this IS a MacBook intel, and there was nothing on it b4(and even if there was it was formatted to hell)

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Possible problem with your drive, perhaps. Give apple a call explaining that it is doing it more often and has problems with the disks they sent you. they will probably replace the drive for you and hopefully that will fix the problem.

3. glucker thread starter macrumors newbie

4. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

Why not try installing through Target Disk mode? Do you have another Intel-Based mac you could use? If so, it shouldn't be too difficult.