OSX issue - Login Window closes all aplications

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kimipt, Nov 2, 2009.

1. kimipt macrumors newbie

Hi,

Im having a random issue with osx snow leopard that its making me mad. When i go to lunch i usually block the computer with the "Login Window..." on the user menu (menu bar). This has always worked for me since Tiger, but with Snow Leopard after i login in again sometimes all applications that i left open are now closed. Apps, dashboard, everything, its almost like i've rebooted the machine. I know that it didn't reboot though. Firefox for instance, even not running in the dock, refuses to open saying that "only 1 instance can run at the time". I have to kill this process on the Activity Monitor for being able to open firefox again.

My SnowLeopard was installed as a upgrade to 6month Leopard install.

Sorry for the long description, has anyone experienced something similar?

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

I've seen some posts about "spaces" goofiness in SL. Do you use spaces? When you log back in, maybe look at other spaces to see if your apps are not where you though they were...

3. kimipt thread starter macrumors newbie

I do use Spaces but i dont think its related. When i login everything is closed, like on a fresh boot. All spaces empty, applications closed, documents lost (if unsaved before).