OSX Lion and BootCamp Problems with Win7 !

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dl1606, Jan 8, 2012.

1. dl1606 macrumors newbie

Hi,

i know there are some Problems with Bootcamp and OSX Lion but i have not the normal problems as all the other i think. I have searched and googled about this problem but i can't find a thread to. Maybe some of you can help me.

I have an MacBook Pro 13 from Mid 2009 upgraded Harddrive of 640 GB and 4 GB ram and everything works fine. But i actually have the Problem with Bootcamp and the Windows 7 installation.After i created the Partition with Bootcamp and Reboot the Installation starts and i reformatted the FAT to an NTFS Partition. After that, he installs Windows without a Problem. But after he starts the Mac again, he wouldn't start from the Windows Partition in any Way. It comes the grey Screen with the Folder Icon and the question mark. I have tried this 5 times. (the whole process with delete the Bootcamp Partition, creating it again and start Installation...) Everytime the same result.

If i install Windows 7 in a virtual Machine with parllels, it works fine.
    And yes i have an original Windows 7 Home Premium with an Original DVD and a License.

Maybe you can help me with this .

Best regards
    Daniel

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Were you holding the Option key when you restart/boot up the Mac? A question mark inside a folder means the MBP doesn't know which is the startup drive. Holding Option will let you choose which OS you want to boot up. After installing drivers in Windows, restart the MBP. Go into either Windows or OS X to make OS X the default OS to boot.

In Windows, the startup disk option is found in the bootcamp utility. It's a black diamond in the system notification area (Bottom Right of screen).

In OS X, go to System Preferences>Startup Disk. This should prevent the "?" inside a folder error without having you to press Option for OS X. Option key is for choosing Windows only. If you don't press Option, it should default to OS X.

3. dl1606 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.
    I don't know if i got it.

Doesn't set Bootcamp the startup disk automatically ? After installation and restart i choosed the startup partition with the option key. In this screen can i choose between windows and osx. When i choose windows he starts loading and loading with the grey screen and the circle and after that comes the folder icon with question mark.

I will try it again and check the things you wrote. After this will i write if it succeeded.

Thanks in Advance
    Daniel

4. Aaon macrumors 6502

I am having a similar problem here as well. I had installed Win7 on my bootcamp partition about a year ago, and it worked just fine. For the past year I have been booting back and forth between Mac and Windows. Then, seemingly from nowhere, I stated getting the blinking folder with the question mark every time I try to book into the Windows partition using the option key. Any thoughts? I can still see all the files in the bootcamp partition while I am in Lion... If anyone has thoughts, I would really appreciate some help!

5. Mikelius macrumors newbie

I just experienced this same problem and have been unable to find a fix for it. Anyone know how to overcome it?

MBP 15 inch, 2011. Using Windows 7 Home Premium with original DVDs.