OSX Lion and Powerusers

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by sOwL, Sep 26, 2011.

1. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

Would it make sense to upgrade? I've been away from things for quite some time so i haven't done much research on Lion, but at first glance it seems mostly like a GUI update. I'm a poweruser and I couldn't care less if my Mac had the feel of an iPad or was made simpler for the inexperienced user - in fact i hate that. So would it make sense if I upgraded? Any under-the-hood improvements or actual changes in Lion? That said, I'm on a 1,1MP which has the 32bit EFI and I'm very very happy with it running SL. So would it worth it? Opinions please..

2. JamesDo macrumors regular

No, its just a small improvement. Just read this review and decide it yourself. If you don't care about AirDrop, iOS interface you better stay with SL cause you probably won't like it better.

3. sOwL thread starter macrumors 6502

sOwL

I'm mostly worried about Mission Control. I don't like it and I'm pretty productive with the current Expose

4. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Mission Control continues to be the one (and only) thing I hate about Lion. You just can't see the fourth window of an application when in Mission Control (even after scrolling up). And then when you have multiple applications that have more than three windows... it gets really cumbersome. (And yes I know there's App Exposé... but it doesn't replace the all-window Exposé at any time!)

I especially love how Apple advertised Mission Control, as in their screenshots there are no more than three windows for each application. Talk about Utopia?

5. jameslmoser macrumors 6502

Then you will probably hate Lion. I love Expose and Spaces, I use them together and individually. Lion merges them into one dysfunctional replacement.