OSX Lion consumes more than Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by spwandunk, Nov 12, 2011.

1. spwandunk macrumors newbie

Hi there, i have a 2.4 i7 8bg 15 inch and im into video editing, Final Cut After Effects and Photoshop.

Using Leopard will i consume less from ram than using Lion?

I notive with all that thing, dock and all this new things..

I usally work in all of the programs open at same time.

and i was thinking in downgrade to leopard to get better use of mine 8gb of ram. rather of giving it to OS.

I get windowserver using 3.2 gb.

where is he using all this?

Thanks a lot.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Leoaprd? There's no way you'll get Leopard to run on that Mac. If that's an early 2011 Macbook Pro you could get Snow Leopard on it, but you'll need the 2011 Macbook Pro restore discs. The retail Snow Leopard disc will not work on it.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think he means Snow Leopard ;)

Lion does consume more resources then its predecessors if thats what you're asking. I made sure my MBP had 8gb before upgrading due to this fact

As for better use, I see little advantage of seeing if a service is using less memory, but rather is the OS' performance is good and/or whether the OS is functioning as I expect. For me, in both cases yes Lion is an improvement to SL.

4. spwandunk thread starter macrumors newbie

yep i mean snow leopard.. sorry..
    but instead of the improvement or not..
    i have been fine with snowleopard but with my new macbook it cames lion.
    and it is to much annoying things to deal with.. mission control, lauchpad etc..
    3 fingers in trackpad, 4 fingers, 4 fingers 3 and a half finger..

downgrading to snow leopard i will have more ram available for other programs..

I have 8 gb. but working only with final cut and mpegstregam clip it consumes 6 gb.