OSX Lion - Dilemma on page swiping multitouch gesture!!!!!

azuma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010

Oh yes, I don't quite like the multitouch gesture of drag on Snow Leopard, it is very annoying for me (us?) to double click before dragging. On Lion, however, it provided "Three Finger Drag" which I think it is a much better way for me to drag on a mac.

Page swipe in Safari also awesome, by using 2 fingers. However, the 2 fingers page swipe were not available in iPhoto, Finder, or other applications excluding Safari, unless the "Swipe between pages" gesture was set to "Scroll left or right with two fingers". However, such action will lead the "Three Finger Drag" gesture turned off.

Then, why can't we "Swipe between pages" in all application including Safari by 2 fingers, not 3 fingers, so that I can keep the "Three Finger Drag" gesture on??:):)

That's really a dilemma for me:confused::confused:

Attachments

Last edited:

azuma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
The three finger dragging was always in Snow Leopard.

Can you swipe page by 3 fingers after you set the drag function to be 3 fingers on Snow Leopard?? :confused:

I don't know why Apple need to split the page swiping function to 2 or 3 fingers on Lion. Why can't they combine together?

gasbi

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
have you found the solution for that dilemma? because i'm in the same situation as you are and I tried to solve with BetterTouchTool, and there's no action called Drag or something similar... If somebody have the solution post it here please.

Thanks

PD: if you don't understand something, sorry... i'm not english...