OSX Lion - Dilemma on page swiping multitouch gesture!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by azuma, Jul 14, 2011.

1. azuma, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

azuma macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    Oh yes, I don't quite like the multitouch gesture of drag on Snow Leopard, it is very annoying for me (us?) to double click before dragging. On Lion, however, it provided "Three Finger Drag" which I think it is a much better way for me to drag on a mac.

[​IMG]
    Page swipe in Safari also awesome, by using 2 fingers. However, the 2 fingers page swipe were not available in iPhoto, Finder, or other applications excluding Safari, unless the "Swipe between pages" gesture was set to "Scroll left or right with two fingers". However, such action will lead the "Three Finger Drag" gesture turned off.

Then, why can't we "Swipe between pages" in all application including Safari by 2 fingers, not 3 fingers, so that I can keep the "Three Finger Drag" gesture on??:):)

That's really a dilemma for me:confused::confused:

Attached Files:

2. evilblob macrumors member

The three finger dragging was always in Snow Leopard.

[​IMG]

3. azuma thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you swipe page by 3 fingers after you set the drag function to be 3 fingers on Snow Leopard?? :confused:

I don't know why Apple need to split the page swiping function to 2 or 3 fingers on Lion. Why can't they combine together?

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

This is why Better Touch Tool exists. Try it and you'll love it.

5. gasbi macrumors newbie

have you found the solution for that dilemma? because i'm in the same situation as you are and I tried to solve with BetterTouchTool, and there's no action called Drag or something similar... If somebody have the solution post it here please.

Thanks

PD: if you don't understand something, sorry... i'm not english...