OSX lion, lagging in mission control

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Xgm541, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

I have the developer preview 4 and have noticed that mission control lags. In particular, the animation from when you push 4 fingers up on the trackpad to when mission control opens is choppy and sluggish. I own the 1.4ghz, 4gb ram 11 inch MBA. Does anyone have this same issue? Unfortunately I am away from home and can't do a fresh install, so I installed over my SL and I have read that the sluggishness issue gets better if you do a fresh install, but I am unsure how well I should expect this thing to run.

Granted, the lion preview in the keynote was presented with an MBA, I have a feeling the sluggishness i am dealing with is only because I am using the beta. I can't foresee apple releasing an OS on a 1 year old system which lags.

as a secondary note, the temperatures run hotter as well and the minimum RPM on the fan is 4.5k rather than 2k with SL. Strange.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

You are aware that beta software runs debugging checks/software resulting in lower system performance?

3. MDMStudio macrumors newbie

Sorry for the bump of an old thread.

I also am having this issue on my 27" iMac with a i7 and 4 gigs of RAM. I was involved with lion since its beta, however, I am running the released version of lion and it still has this lag problem. I have tested it on my Father's mac book, and it runs extremely smoothly there.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3