OSX Lion Login Screen Pixelated

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dgoff267, Jan 6, 2012.

1. dgoff267 macrumors newbie

Ever since I upgraded to Lion, when I try to login from the screensaver or sleep, the screen turns black and I have to scroll the mouse around to show the actual screen. Does anyone have any ideas how I can stop this from happening? I've even reinstalled Lion, which obviously didn't fix the problem. Help!

Attached Files:

2. DarthBradicus macrumors member

Ahh, I just noticed this same thing happening to me. It started happening when I set my computer to automatically log me out. I also enabled FileVault around the same time, so either one could be the issue. However, when I log out manually, I don't have this problem.

I've been searching for a couple days and haven't been able to find anything about it.

3. Jack9034 macrumors member

Jack9034

Try disabling automatic login in System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login Options. It worked for me ;)

4. DarthBradicus macrumors member

Automatic login has never been enabled for me, and in fact, you can't enable it with FileVault turned on, so it's always been disabled on my Mac.

Edit: I just noticed this is in the MacBook Pro section, but the issue I'm having appears identical to yours on my iMac, so I assumed it was a Lion issue.

5. dgoff267 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I just checked to see if automatic login was enabled for me and it was off. Also, yeah I do have a MBP, but (like you said) I'm sure it doesn't matter what hardware you're using because it seems to be a Lion issue. I took my computer to the Apple store(foolishly thinking they could help), and they told me to reinstall Lion. After reinstalling the problem still exists. Do they have any type of Apple IT guys that monitor the Apple support forums?

6. germanjulian macrumors regular

Same.

Normally I use my mac (1 week old MBA) and then put it to sleep (no issue) but last night I did a time machine backup + encryption and when I woke up this morning and checked the status the same thing happened to me.

Moving the mouse refreshed the screen and I could login and the issue dissapeared so not really a real issue issue but still surprised at this :confused:

7. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

I've seen this on both our 2008 MBP and our early 2011 MBP after upgrading to Lion. It's happened once on the 2008 and twice on the 2011, but to be honest I didn't pursue the root cause and, well, ignored it.