OSX Lion + Real VNC question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Southflkid, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Southflkid macrumors newbie

I just bought a new MBA 11" w/ Lion and I am absolutely loving it. I also have an iPad that I downloaded the Real VNC viewer app that works flawlessly with my office Windows PC.

As far as the MBA, I've searched the Mac App Store and can't find a thing. Does anyone know if I download the VNC viewer from Real VNC's website, will it work with Lion?

I'm only interested in having the Viewer on my MBA, not the 'Server" side of their software, as I already have that installed on my office PC.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    GB

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You can use OS X's built-in VNC viewer. If you go under the Go menu in Finder and select Connect to server... you can put the name or IP of the PC you want to connect to:
    vnc://192.168.1.11

That should connect to the VNC server using the Screen Sharing app.

3. robgendreau macrumors 68030

And you won't find many VNC applications in the Mac App Store…they generally won't fit Apple's guidelines.

But there are tons of the them if you don't want to use Apple's Screen Sharing Application, built into every Mac. I like Jolly's Fast VNC, but there's also Chicken of the VNC and others. They offer customization the Apple product doesn't. Try Macupdate.com; much better place to find software like this.

rob