OSX Mavericks? LOL!

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
That name is horrid. Reminds me of the cr@p Dallas Mavericks.
Yes, I hate everything about Dallas as well. But, I'll have to retrain my brain to think of the word 'Mavericks' as a nice word, not an evil one.

.... as long as the next OS X is not OS X Cowboys... THAT would make me switch to Windows! LOL :D

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
Yes, I hate everything about Dallas as well. But, I'll have to retrain my brain to think of the word 'Mavericks' as a nice word, not an evil one.

.... as long as the next OS X is not OS X Cowboys... THAT would make me switch to Windows! LOL :D
You got that right! :D

.:Aleph:.

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2013
It is such a stupid name. And I presume it means: We can continue to release insignificant updates and delay XI as much as we can. Pff.

Last edited:

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It is such a stupid name. And I presume it means: We can continue to release insignificant updates and delay XI as much as we can. Pff.
It's JUST A NAME.

Apple could have easily called OS X Maverick, OS 11 if they wanted to. There's no 'delay' for OS 11. Apple's marketing just likes the name OS X 'code name' better and will continue to use that until they tire of it.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
It's JUST A NAME.
See, apparently you don't understand how this whole thing works.

Nothing is JUST anything. Everything is unbelievably and crucially important.

Try to understand...we're curing cancer here...we're solving world hunger here.

Ever seemingly insignificant, trivial, essentially meaningless thing is important to argue about.

Sorry I had to be harsh with you, bbeagle, but you must understand what's important, and what's not.

:rolleyes: ;)

A little perspective here, folks. It's JUST A NAME!