OSX Mavericks Niggles

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by chizzer2003, Oct 26, 2013.

1. chizzer2003 macrumors member

As much as I love Mavericks, there are little minor niggles here and there which I don't see as bugs but rather oversight on Apple's part.

One is that when you activate Mission Control with a four finger gesture, you cannot exit it back to your window in the same movement like in Mountain Lion and Lion. Instead, you have to remove your fingers of the trackpad and another swipe down. I really used to like the fact that you could enter and exit it in one movement to quickly see how many windows you had open.

Another niggle is that I find the dock a lot harder to access now in full screen mode, requiring a slower, more vertical swipe downwards at the bottom of the screen to appear.

Before you ask, I have sent these off to Apple feedback but just wanted any users opinions on these too.

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I discovered yesterday that Reminders is not putting up repeating reminders on my MBP. It continues to work properly on iOS devices, but repeating reminders are out for now on OS X. According to Apple tech support, they are aware of the problem, and it will be addressed in the first software upgrade.

Certainly not the end of the world...just a heads up.:D

3. spunkybart macrumors newbie

Quick View in Mavericks

When I press the spacebar in Finder, the quick view box opens up blank.

In order to get quick view to show a picture, I have to use the arrows to move up and down again (to a different file and back). After I do that, the picture shows up.

Small niggle, but I use quick view a lot!

4. Deguello macrumors 6502

I can show and hide Mission Control and Desktop without having to lift my fingers off the trackpad, though I swear I had to do so when I first installed Mavericks.

5. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

6. Deguello macrumors 6502