OSX Mojave - Need Help/Advise Please

mar58

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
Here's my problem...
I recently purchased a 2019 iMac that came with Mojave installed. It runs flawlessly and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I am never an early upgrader and as such my 2015 15in MBP still has High Sierra on it. Well as you may have guessed I can't find any place to download Mojave to my MBP. Tried the App store and even though I found Mojave it won't let me download it. I looked on the internet but am Really leery of downloading a copy from just anywhere. I'm definitely not ready to download Catalina so I'm looking for help from anyone who might know how I can obtain a copy (legitimate) of Mojave for the MBP. I would really like to mirror the two machines. I have already CCC'd the current MBP HD so I have that backed up just in case.

Thought/Question...Could I Carbon Copy Clone the iMac, boot the MBP with the external SSD, and Copy that to the internal drive? (I'm thinking that if I could boot externally it might work) They would obviously match up if I could do that. I've learned from this that I need to at least download the most current OS even if I don't install it. Anyway..........

Thank you to anyone who takes time to respond. I really appreciate it.

mar58

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
I think he means he could locate it in the App Store but it’s not actually available.
Yes barbu is correct.....when I clicked on "get" I received a message (don't remember exact verbiage) and that was that. Could not go any further.