OSX mouse feel on Win7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Devie, May 6, 2014.

1. Devie macrumors 6502a

On my hackintosh I tend to have it in Windows more than anything, but next to it I have my iMac. I'm having a bit of an issue going from the mac to the windows in mouse use... its just absolutely terrible in Windows, feels really choppy.
    Anyone know of any application I could attempt? Mouse is a Razer Deathadder, iMac has a trackpad if that's worth anything in my writing. And no its nothing to do with my mouse. I have others, and I use Windows at work, though don't notice it as much as I'm not jumping between OS's.

2. Henk Poley macrumors regular

Since it's a gaming mouse, it should not be choppy. Have you installed the drivers?

3. Devie thread starter macrumors 6502a

As I said its not my mouse. I have quality logitech's and crappy Dell mouses a plenty. Its the general Windows feel. It just doesn't feel right after being on OSX for any given time. Perhaps choppiness isn't the correct term. For reference, I also have my synapse settings on the cloud so they're both the same on OSX and Windows on the same computer.

On the flip side, I have had complaints from people when using OSX for the first time, there is a different feel.

4. Henk Poley macrumors regular

The mouse acceleration curves are different, yes.