OSX Partition Deleted

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by baseballduck, Jul 12, 2010.

1. baseballduck macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

So I tried to install XP on my MacBook Pro via Boot Camp and it didn't go so well. To make a long story short, my OSX partition and Windows partition were both deleted so I re-installed OSX. When I went to re-intall OSX I could not choose a HDD to install it on, so thinking it was the right idea I created a new partition and continued the installation. After installation everything seemed fine so I went to restore from time machine, which I did. The only problem is I now have 100 GB of data on my computer, but it apparently doesn't exist as I can't see, or access any of it. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks!

2. baseballduck thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone have any ideas? This is my only computer so I really need my data back.

Thanks!

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Your partition table was/is corrupted. When you reinstalled, did you completely reformat the drive (creating a new partition table) or did you simply create a new partition on the existing table?

4. baseballduck thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies! I think i may have created a new partition table but I'm not 100% positive. All I know is that I couldn't access the drive in Disk Utility or Finder. I'll probably try it again later today to see if I have any luck.