Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greg400

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
For whatever reason, whenever i'm trying to connect to the internet in OSX my MacBook Pro will simply not connect. It is an early 2006 MacBook Pro. The problem started occurring after I installed 10.5.8 and here I am on 10.6.2 with the problem still persisting. I brought it into the Apple Store, paid $100 (warranty was up) for them to supposedly "fix" the airport card and antenna and it still occurs. So in a last attempt at making any sense of this problem, I installed Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro, installed BootCamp 3.0 drivers and there you go, connected to the internet in no time working flawlessly. I have multiple other computers with Snow Leopard on them and the internet works fine. It's just this lone MacBook Pro that seems to be having problems while on OSX. Can anyone make sense of this or am I stuck with a useless laptop that can't even connect to the internet on its primary OS?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
How do you connect to the internet?

Via a DSL modem with a router in between, that creates a wireless LAN, to which you connect via Airport or Ethernet (cable)?

Or is you Mac directly dialing via PPPoE into the internet?

Or any other way?

greg400

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
How do you connect to the internet?

Via a DSL modem with a router in between, that creates a wireless LAN, to which you connect via Airport or Ethernet (cable)?

Or is you Mac directly dialing via PPPoE into the internet?

Or any other way?

I connect via Airport with a motorola router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.