Osx recovery problem

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by 50L, Dec 19, 2016.

1. 50L macrumors regular

50L

Hi guys

Ready to sell my macbook pro
    I used the safe delete mode ( rewrite 7 times my ssd ) do delete everything

Now when i restart with command r or command option R

i only have the internet recovery problem

That is not working for me. It always says mt password is incorrect

Stupid thing is buyer was coming in 2 hours so i had to cancel the meeting untill tomorrow

Please help

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

What model/year Mac do you have? Internet Recovery installs the OS your mac originally shipped with. If your Mac shipped with a OS 10.6 or earlier (which were distributed on DVD only) then Internet recovery is not supported.

I have not used Internet Recovery in many years (2011), but I think it may be asking for the password to your wifi (if that is what you are using) or possibly for your Apple ID.

3. 50L thread starter macrumors regular

50L

Yes its asking the wifi password and always says password incorrect. Is it possible the keyboard is set back to qwerty US by deleting everythinh? i have belgian azerty

When I try to download with someones wifi without password I get this error

Attached Files:

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You are probably using a wifi encryption method (like WEP or WPA-Enterprise) that is not supported by Internet recovery. Just turn off your wifi encryption entirely (open wifi) to get this done, then you can turn it back on.

6. 50L thread starter macrumors regular

50L

Is it easy to turn this off? So I connect with my other computer to the wifi and turn this ofg in the settings?

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yes... use your other computer to get into your router's settings and turn off the wifi login encryption completely. Then Internet recovery should work for you. Just be sure to turn the wifi password back on in the router afterwards.

8. 50L thread starter macrumors regular

50L

So I found the solution

OSX recovery is a black screen, I clicked a button and suddenly I didn't saw the password dots anymore, but I could see real text appear ( also in black I had to look so closely to notice this, tsss apple ;-). So by typing again my password I noticed it was QWERTY, so that's why I always got the error since I have an AZERTY keyboard

I tried untill my password was correct and bam it connected