OSX remote control HELP!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by winty03, May 20, 2011.

1. winty03 macrumors regular

Quick overview of setup. I have a SandyBridge iMac and a Penryn MBP connected via CAT6 (gigabit) to a Time Capsule. Last speed tests I ran, was 26MB download and 1MB upload. What I am attempting to do is connect to these 2 Mac from my work Windows box. Everything is set up and running as it should BUT I CAN'T take the delay or slowness of the remote sessions! I have to be missing something?!? I mean, to log in and say...open a application might take me 5 mins. I have to move my mouse and wait a minute to see if the coursor moved. I am using OSX's native VNC connection on the Macs and at work connecting to them via TightVNC Viewer. I am used to the speed of Windows remote desktop. Is there any program that comares or will run close to that speed? When I had a Windows box at home and ran RDC from work, it was like I was at the box. But VNC is darn near useless. Any ideas?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. winty03, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011

winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

looking.....ty

UPDATE: Question..is there a way to hide or disable those "sponsored session" popups on client or server side?? Otherwise seem to be working well..very simple!

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, pay for the professional version.

5. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

Well now having an issue.....I have connected many times today, but now its not displaying the screen. I start the teamviewer and click the connecto to partner...it asked for the password and click log on. What happens then is the teamviewer minimizes down to the taskbar, but no window or screen displays. I connect via the tightnvc and see that it is connected, can also verify by reconnecting and it prompts me that theres already a connection established, but no screen is shown...ideas?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Are you sure the TV window hasn't minimized, as well? You could try restarting TV on both systems, but I never have had to do that, and I use it extensively every day, connecting to both Macs and Windows PCs.

7. winty03, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011

winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

I've restrarted all machines...still does it. Once I put in the correct password, it minimizes, I go maximize it and its just sitting at the "main" ready to connect screen. No client machine is displayed...but seems to be connected...weird. I noticed it never opens another new window with the client machines screen. Heres a screen shot showing its "connected" buty no viewing window in task bar. The "Teamviewer" program you do see in the taskbar is the connection window, thats behind the browser window.

[​IMG]

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Something's definitely amiss. I've used TeamViewer for years and never experienced what you're describing. There's got to be something wrong with your installation or setup, but it's tough to guess without seeing it.

9. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

File transfer mode works fine..vpn, I don't have installed. But ya the remote control, minimizes afte ri connect, but doesn't poulate the clients control/view window...

10. owaisberg macrumors newbie

TeamViewer issue

Hey guys I have exactly the same problem....sometimes it does work
    but most of the times it gets minimized with no destination window showing up. I've opened trouble ticket with TV support....waited 2 weeks called them over to find out status of my ticket.....they apologized and said they don't know when they're going to reply.....currently I'm about 4 weeks after opening a ticket, very encouraging experience to buy their product :)
    no f... way ! Pretty ridiculous software.....