Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geogil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
I have the most recent version of OSXSF 1945 and am trying to play over the network. I cannot seem to successfully host a game, despite giving my IP address to the other player. When I click the ''start network game' menu item, it only shows the "join/ host" buttons, but none of the 'games in progress' that I can see on a friends computer.

I'm using an Airport extreme, iBook G4, and Motorola surfboard cable modem. Are there any tips on how to set up an aiport to allow for gaming?

Scaurus

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
Grass Valley California
network games

I looking for people to fly on the net with. My IP address is 192.168.1.101,
I have successfully hosted a game a game on a LAN in my house. Never had anyone to try otherwise. My email is jcjayers@gmail.com. Let me know if you are interested is experimenting

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I looking for people to fly on the net with. My IP address is 192.168.1.101,
I have successfully hosted a game a game on a LAN in my house. Never had anyone to try otherwise. My email is jcjayers@gmail.com. Let me know if you are interested is experimenting

That is not your actual ip. That is the ip that your your computer is using over the router.

Maybe there is a port blocked that is not allowing you to host games( the network traffic is being blocked because it is not open). I don't know much about Skyfighter though. Don't know what port to open

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.