OSX Time Incorrect...Until I Click On Date & Time Prefs, What Gives?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ~J~, Oct 6, 2007.

1. ~J~ macrumors 6502

Occasionally, I notice the time is wrong on the menu bar... so I go into date & time settings... and as soon as I open up the prefs pane, it resets to the correct time. All of my settings are correct for my time zone... so why is it doing this? I havent changed anything that would affect this... so I am clueless on this one.

I just noticed that it was also affecting my time on my iPhone... which, of course, affects my calendar times... this just became a much bigger issue... help please!!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Are you running Windows in a separate partition?

3. ~J~ thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah... just installed bootcamp & a 25GB Vista partition... why?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I ran into this problem even with NTP and Internet Time enable in both operating systems. It'll only happen in a reboot from Windows.

5. ~J~ thread starter macrumors 6502

Any known fix? Its rather annoying... and almost caused me to miss an appt today... would have been VERY upset about that.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I wasn't able to find a fix. OS X had NTP enabled and Windows had Internet Time enabled with the AppleTime service. OS X would be off until I opened the Date & Time preference pane.

You must have a lot of appointments if you can't remember them.

7. ~J~ thread starter macrumors 6502

There is a good reason I LOVE the calendar on the iPhone! I use iCal & the iPhone to book a lot of appts, schedule meetings, and for all of my personal things... so I do use it a lot. I will just have to remember to open the time & date settings after booting back into OSX. Thanks for your help Eidorian.