Osx unavailable heeelpp

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by ninakay, Nov 8, 2014.

1. ninakay macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    New to forum would like to say hi to you all and tks in advance for any advice received,
    here we go,
    intention was to restore to box settings,so far have got to hd box format MAC OS EXTENDED (JOURNALED) ..... GONE ON ERASE
    nOW IT SAYS ERASING GOES THROUGH THE MOTION ,
    It said in the begining there was 3 files after erase now states 2,
    A) are there meant to be 3 files
    B) SHOULD ALL 3 HAVE BEEN ERASED,
    Thats first of my dilemas,
    Now i go to installation OS X Mavericks/continue/agree/select disc hd/sign in pop up for APP Store,
    sign in
    THIS ITEM IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABE!!!!!!
    but has been 'UNAVAILABLE FOR 2 WEEKS'
    So now just stock on the install OSX SCREEN

HELP!!!!!!!!!

2. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

Try internet recovery.

Boot up with command-option-r.

If the computer supports this, it should install the original system that came with the computer.

How old is your computer?

3. ninakay thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ninakay thread starter macrumors newbie

hi
    done that takes through the same process as previous
    NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME??

5. sharon22 macrumors regular

6. ninakay thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry sharon
    thought most people with even basic knowledge were aware that

"tks" is an abreviation of the word "thanks"

----------

grow up

7. sharon22 macrumors regular

I accept your reprimand. Yes, I have a lot of growing up to do. For me, every day is a learning experience.

I am actually a very, very rude person, and I fly off the handle at a lot of little things.

For example, I saw how someone took the time to reply to your post. It was a very careful and thoughtful reply, but you chose to answer tks, or "tx" or whatever abbreviation you chose.

What that says to me is that you don't have the time to properly type the word, "Thanks," or "Thank you very much," and to me, that's really rude.

It seems to be a thing with many in this "new generation."

People are losing the ability to communicate, and speak.

This is supposed to be the "age of communication," ie. Facebook, Twitter, constant texting, constant communication, etc., but what I see is a total degeneration of any and all ability to speak, or to type.

In fact, you took the time to correct me, to tell me to "grow up," because I'm pointing out that you could have said, "Thank you," rather than "thx."

I want to let you know I will consider your suggestion, I will try my best to grow up, and I want to conclude by wishing you well with your texted answers, and I hope that you get your mac running really good, too.

Thx for your 'gestion.'

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From the Forum Rules:

9. tywebb13, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

tywebb13 macrumors 68020

I'm not really worried about that thanks vs tks thing.

Frankly I'm more worried about the fact that internet recovery isn't working for you. Could this mean apple are doing away with that? I hope not.

This is making it more difficult than it should be to resurrect your mac.

Also, did your mac come with lion, or not? If not it may require an efi firmware update to support internet recovery: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4904

Nevertheless, several remedies are possible, depending on your situation.

Mavericks is generally no longer available through the mac app store, which may be the source of the "not available at this time" messages. But it is still available in the mac dev center.

If you have access to the mac dev center, and have not yet redeemed a code for mavericks, you can redeem one there now on a different mac and use that to make a bootable usb using this method: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=18081307&postcount=3 and then use it to install it onto the other mac.

Whether you have access to the mac dev center or not, if you already have redeemed a code for mavericks, you can redownload it from the purchases tab in the mac app store on a different mac and make the bootable usb.

On the other hand, if you do not have access to the mac dev center, and have not already redeemed a code for mavericks, unfortunately apple are not offering mavericks to the public any more and there is no legal means of obtaining it.

So in this case, you can get yosemite in the mac app store on a different mac and then make the bootable usb using this method: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=20108338&postcount=1 and use it install it onto the other mac.

If you don't have another mac, go to your local apple retail store, complain really loudly (but politely) about it and tell them that internet recovery isn't working and demand that they let you use one of their macs to make a bootable usb of yosemite or mavericks so that you can resurrect your mac.

They might already have one made anyway and could install it for you there.

10. sharon22 macrumors regular

I wasn't pointing out a spelling error. I was making a statement that I viewed the "thx" response as flippant.

It annoys the h*** out of me when someone takes the time to help someone out, and then gets a flippant "thx."

And to say that "not all people are native english speakers" is a total cop-out. If they know how to use slang (e.g. "Thx," then they sure as h*ll know how to say "thank you.").

Furthermore, to NOT correct someone (whether they are "native" or not) is just plain lazy.

I'm sure you're not coming from the position that we must Coddle people in this "politically correct" world of ours.... God Forbid, we "correct" someone.

But, anyway, you're a "Westmere," poster. Out of respect for you, and your high-level Westmere posting status, I'll make a mental note to remain more calm when I see posts like that in the future. (I certainly don't have the time or the inclination to be Grammar Police LOL).

----------

LOL -- I'm not really worried that much either. I was just in the mood to make things 'interesting' and sure enough, I got some Do-Gooder-Forum-Hotshot on my back now hahahah :eek:

I can spend a week's worth of my time, post One Hundred helpful tips, but god forbid you do something politically incorrect (e.g. correcting someone), and then the jack*sses will come out of the woodwork, probably get me banned :D

11. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

There is something else which may be preventing internet recovery from allowing the installation to function properly, and that is the system date may be incorrect.

You can check if this is the cause of the problem by opening terminal from within internet recovery mode and running the following command:

date

If this is the incorrect date, then this may have caused it not to function properly.

You should be able to correct this in terminal from within internet recovery by running this:

date {month}{day}{hour}{minute}{year}

so for example, if current date and time is November 9, 2:10pm 2014 then run this to correct the date and time:

date 1109141014

12. tywebb13 macrumors 68020