OSX Upgrading

Discussion in 'macOS' started by VPrime, Jan 17, 2009.

1. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

This is my first mac, and am looking forward to snowleopord.

I am just wondering if it would be possible to upgrade 10.5 to snowleopard without reinstalling every thing?

I know on windows upgrading usually sucks and I would always format and start from scratch.. Is OSX the same way? Would it just be best to start from scratch?

Thanks.

2. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

It has been possible with previous Mac OSes so I would assume that you will be able to upgrade without reinstalling everything when snow leopard comes around.

3. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

They probably will not change the install settings so you will be able to so an Upgrade install and not worry about reloading files or apps.

4. VPrime thread starter macrumors 68000

VPrime

thanks, good to know.

Is upgrading a good idea? or is it better to start fresh? On windows I would have issues if I upgraded and always found fresh installs best. Same in the mac world or no?

5. Machappytg macrumors newbie

Its much better than windows upgrading, its faster than a fresh install as well since all it really has to do is update the drivers and pretty much the whole system with some other applications if there are any new ones.

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You're worrying too much, upgrading is harmless and doing a fresh install is a huge waste of time cause it doesn't matter.