OSX will not put Mac to sleep when Idle

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by seetheforest, Apr 15, 2012.

1. seetheforest macrumors member

Lion is aggravating me at the moment.

First my Mac will sleep in the following circumstances:
    • When the lid is closed
    • When the Macbook is rebooted without opening any applications.

However, once I start opening applications it is literally a coin-flip on which application will cause it to skip the idle sleeping process.

Most recently it is Mail. When Mail is open my computer will not idle to sleep. (I have exchange set up and that's the only possible thing I could think of that would cause this.) Sometimes it will happen due to Safari, but I think it is a webpage by webpage problem. But there are some webpages that are just normal webpages that will keep my computer from going to sleep.

Everytime before a test I run "pmset -g assertions" in terminal and it always says that everything is a zero except 'EnableIdleSleep = 1' and there are no Kernal assertions.

If anyone has fixed this or has some advice I would be very interested.

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I've noticed this problem going on with my MBP as well. I haven't been using Mail as I've started using sparrow. From my experience firefox and chrome tend to prevent sleep. Chrome hasn't been as much of a problem lately. Websites I've noticed that prevent sleep are Netflix and twitter.

I've been wanting to jailbreak my phone and ssh into my laptop to find out as no errors appear in the console. Messages is another app that has been causing Mac insomnia for me.