OSX/Win7 Time out of sync.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tfa8rva, Feb 9, 2011.

1. tfa8rva macrumors member

I have Win 7 running on Boot Camp 3.2, and recently the time between it and OS X 10.6.6 has gotten out of sync. Now if set one correctly, when I boot into the other it will be off by seven hours.....and vise versa. Anyone know how to sync these up?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Do you have the time set to auto update in both operating systems preferences?

3. tfa8rva thread starter macrumors member

Hmm...you just made me realize something. I disabled that in Windows because it was wrong one day......and that happened to be a day when my internet was out. Should it be enabled in both?

4. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I had this problem with Mac and Windows 7 on my laptop. I found a workaround where you edit a registry key in Windows to enable something and the clocks become synced when switching between the two operating systems.

5. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Here's an article for editing the Windows registry to get the clocks to sync. It's pretty simple to do but be careful. Create a system restore point before you do this in case you need to revert back due to any problems.

6. tfa8rva thread starter macrumors member

That sounds promising, but it looks like you forgot the link. ;)

7. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

8. tfa8rva thread starter macrumors member

I imagine it would! LOL. Thanks.....I'll give that a shot.