OSX won't startup bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tamagazzi, Feb 2, 2011.

1. tamagazzi macrumors newbie

Help...I've installed boot camp and Windows 7 on my black macbook Santa Rosa(2.4Ghz,4Mb RAM) and have a serious problem where I can no longer boot into OSX.
    OSX freezes with the apple logo and timer, but also has an extra progress bar that I have not seen before.
    Has anyone else encountered or heard of this problem?
    This is the second time that this exact thing has happened(the last time I just reinstalled everything, as I wanted to increase the size of the windows partition anyway), but really don't have the time to go through all of that again.
    The first time that this happened, I ran disk utility from the Snow Leopard disk, and attempted to verify permissions and disk but to no avail.

Any help would be most appreciated...

2. CricketMonk macrumors newbie

OS X 10.6 won't boot - goes grey to black

I'm having the same exact problem with a new 21" imac. My bootcamp windows 7-64 bit is working great. I have to press option to boot and then I choose the windows partition from there i'm fine except I'd like to be able to use my MAC OS :) on my MAC

I've been reading about chipset problems, hard drive heating problems, WD external hard drive problems but not sure yet what caused this to happen yet.

My screen will go from the progress bar grey screen to black and unresponsive.

Anyone care to comment or help?

3. tjb1 macrumors 68000

I sometimes have trouble booting in Mac if I have anything plugged in...most recently my ethernet from a netgear router is keeping me from using Option to select...flash drives seem to stop it most of the time though.