OSX won't wake for remote access

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by kappaknight, Nov 26, 2013.

1. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I'm currently using ARD to manage some Mavericks based computers. Everything is updated to the latest and when the computers are awake, accessing them is fine.

However, when these remote computers are asleep, they don't wake up with ARD, even if the computers are set to wake up with remote access.

Sometimes, this is a result of an error requiring user prompt on the machines, other times it's just plain laziness... but either way, ARD or Mavericks doesn't seem to be doing the job it's intended to do.

Is there a better app out there that will actually wake up these remote computers regardless of what the computer is doing? Should I also set these remote computers to never sleep to prevent this problem? I'm looking for any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

3. kappaknight thread starter macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I don't think the router would be stopping the access. I have the ports forwarded to the correct internal computer(s) and they're accessible when the computers are awake. I don't think the router would know or care if the computer is awake or asleep when the requests are coming in.