OSX Yosemite Installation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Praecox, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Praecox macrumors newbie

Praecox

My iMac 3.5GHz i7 2013 with 256SSD took 10 hours to install Yosemite. On booting it it was extremely slow and unresponsive. Had to re-install OSX Mavericks through Carbon Cloner. What is going wrong, I was looking forward to the new OSX but now becoming disappointed with the Apple hype?
    Any thoughts on how I could resolve this or should I wait for 10.10.1?

2. Praecox thread starter macrumors newbie

Praecox

OSX Yosemite Installation - the easier way

Following my initial problems, I did a clean install and then transferred my previous details. This was much faster and done in about 15 minutes. Used the same method to clone this back to the Mac Book Air.

3. harleymhs macrumors 6502

Did my wifes imac yesterday. Formatted and did a clean install, took around 20 min then put back her pics, music, and some other programs from a cloned drive imac much faster now.. Long time coming to do it but she says its worth it! Looks like a NEW computer now.. She is happy!

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Installed it on an old Mac pro to test. Fresh install with a migration from a time machine backup. Everything seems to be working ok. A bit slow because the Mac pro doesn't have a SSD.

Mixed feelings about the UI. I like some of the new icons and the colors used. I'm not wild about the transparency effects.