OSX Yosemite Mail Forward Major Bug

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sanjeev.vyas, Jan 23, 2015.

1. sanjeev.vyas macrumors newbie

After upgrading to OS X Yosemite i noticed this strange bug

I normally have a quotation template mail which i send to all my clients and everytime i get a new request,i forward the same mail just by editing the content and send it to the new address .However after upgrading to 10.10 i realised that the new mail also goes to to the old recipient and it shows up as conversation inspite of me not marking it to the older client.This problem comes and goes.

For ex. abc@xyz.com needed a quote
    I sent an email with text,picture and quotation attached in pdf to abc@xyz.com

then def@123.com had an enquiry .So i forwarded the same mail by editing the quotation text of the .pdf file and changing the text in the mail forward and attaching the new pdf quotation file.This saves me time to retype the whole covering letter and attaching the same pictures.Just the new edited .pdf has to be attached

However After sending all these mails show up as a conversation under sent mails ,where in the mail sent to def@123.com also goes to abc@xyz.com inspite of me not marking the mail to abc@xyz.com

2. dangerfish macrumors 6502

I think I understand what you are trying to convey. Your email to def@123.com is not being resent to abc@123.com. Its just showing up as a conversation in the mail.app because the content is the same.
    Instead of forwarding the same email over and over, you may want to look into an app like TextExpander. Instead of forwarding a saved email, you could reply to your new request and then type your predefined keyboard combo or phrase and your email would auto populate with the text and attachments that you want. It's likely quicker than the way you are doing it now but I don't know if it will stop your issue with lumping all the emails into a conversation together.