OSX Yosemite Safari 8.0 Question

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Klaatu63, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Klaatu63 macrumors regular

Klaatu63

I installed Yosemite Beta and I cannot find a way to move the bookmark bar to the top of the screen. It appears on the left margin and takes a lot of screen space.

Any suggestions, it is probably a knowledge problem on my part and not a bug.

2. sapbasis macrumors member

Customize your Toolbar and drag "Favorites Bar" icon. Then you can easily toggle it on and off.

3. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

It is called the Favorites bar, I am not sure when it changed...but in Safari 8, go to VIEW> SHOW FAVORITES BAR

4. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Personally, I want the 'News' and 'Popular' menus back. The addition of the 'Window' menu is not at all helpful. I hope they add these back.

5. afsnyder macrumors 65816

What were the News and Popular menus?

6. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

On the very top (called the Menu Bar) is:
    File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Window, and Help.

Since Mountain Lion, there was also News and Popular. You click on them and you would see dropdowns of bookmarks in that folder. Maximum 2 clicks.

Now, to reach those folders, you have to click in the URL box, a drop down of tiles appears. In that dropdown, are the two folders called News and Popular. You must then click on the folder and chose the site you want. 4 clicks. Not at all convenient.

Also missing reset Safari. There is no logical reason to remove that.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

This was the strangest thing:

I uninstalled Java and went to Oracle to download the version they recommend for Yosemite.

I quit Safari and re-launched it and now the Toolbar with the show top sites icon and the Familiar Bookmarks have reappeared.

Wonder why?

Show Favorites Bar. Grrrr...so amateurish. :(