OSX10.6 Drivers from Upgrade Disc Viable?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tuxor, Nov 1, 2010.

1. tuxor macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I've been trying on and off for the past two years to install Windows on my Mid-Late 2008 MBP (C2D,10.5.8). The first time I tried it, I partitioned fine, got XP installed and went to install drivers from my OSX disc, but there were some errors and I couldn't get the trackpad/other essential drivers installed, even when I downloaded the drivers direct and put them on via USB or from the Mac partition. So I tried again a few months after having deleted the partition, but this time I couldn't partition it properly.

I just purchased the SL upgrade disc and I'm now thinking of putting Windows 7 on this. This prompts a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but just to check, will 64-bit Windows 7 work on my computer?

2. Will the drivers included on the 10.6 upgrade disc be sufficient to install Windows, or will I need my original install disc (which would be a pain to get)?

3. I'm getting Windows 7 through one of my school's programs, and it'll be an .iso. Obviously if I just burn this to a disc it should suffice, but will it cause any problems with the installation via bootcamp? As far as I know, unless my school's been doing some shady business it's legitimate.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you guys can give me!

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

1. Yes.

2. Also yes. It would work even better in fact

3. Make sure to use a slow burn speed, and it should work fine